Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #9 - Explore Blogs and News Feeds

Exploring RSS feeds was interesting. There is so much out there that you aren't even aware of. Sometimes it is overwhelming. I could find myself on the computer all day using these interesting tools but then I wouldn't get my work done! There wasn't a blog searcher that I liked the most. I am so new at this that each one of them intrigued me. I liked the award blog searcher. It was nice to have the lists of winners for the different subjects that were awarded. It made it easier for me. That search site was Edublog's Award Winners. I didn't like Technorati as much because there was a lot to the site. I like things a little more simple for me. I was able to find some great feeds on library skills, book talks, and podcasts. There are some strange ones out there on the news, politics, anything under the sun. You just have to look for them. I really liked the Topix website. That allows you to search and find some great RSS feeds. This has been a fun exploration tool. I have enjoyed exploring RSS feeds. I really have a lot to learn still.

No comments: