Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing # 15 - Web 2.0; Library 2.0

Good Question - What does library 2.0 mean to me or my school? I really enjoyed what Michael Stephens had to say in the article Into a New World of Librarianship. I feel that it is very important to have a user-centered library where users can access the library from school and home. I also feel that the user should be a part of the library planning. It will take collaboration from the user and the library staff to work together to continually change and plan the library to reach the needs of the user. The library should be a place that meets the continual change of people, the web, and technology. We are the providers and we should always be on the cutting edge. It is always my privilege to provide an atmosphere where the user and myself can work together. That is what library 2.0 means to me, everchanging, everserving, evercollaborating, always looking towards the future.

No comments: