Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #12 - Commenting

Two important parts about commenting are to get involved with the blog and be a part of the conversation and to be aware of the DC (Darth Commenter.) I always worried about what would someone think if they thought my blog or comment was silly or dumb. I think that if we all follow commenting etiquette, we wouldn't have this problem. I also like the information about getting involved and really commenting and "speaking" with the blogger. Short comments don't really mean anything. The first time I had someone comment on my blog, I was so excited. I felt like someone was really interested. I thought about her comments and how she took the time to care. I immediately wanted to check her blog which is what comments can also help us do. It will lead us to other great blogs. I have commented on five of the players with Library2Play. I went to two blogs and commented on them. The first blog was a book review blog. I commented on the book that was being posted and the review. The second was a podcast. I commented on the great podcast. I really enjoyed the interesting "comments" and "rules" that I read about commenting. It made me really want to take more time to comment on other people's blogs. And, it made me realize that blogging is only one part but that commenting is just as much needed as blogging.

No comments: