Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thing #8 - RSS Feeds

I didn't even know what an RSS feed was. The intro video was very interesting as well as the article. I did set up a google reader. By far, this has been the hardest yet. It took me awhile to understand it and work through it. But now, I am excited. I already have a bunch of blogs listed on my google reader. Today, I was looking at something on the Library of Congress website and saw the RSS symbol. I was excited because I knew what it was and was ready to add it to my Google reader site. I think this allows me to have everything in one spot and will save me so much time. I also feel that the blogs/news/sites that I have listed in my Google reader will be used more because I find it easier to go to one place. I think it will be nice if I can set this up and use the Share with Friends tool so that I can share it with other librarians or teachers. It would be a great way to share curriculum. I also feel that you could use this for book reviews. I feel really smart today because I learned something new!

1 comment:

Grendel said...

You are really smart! I didn't know what RSS was, either, even though I knew what it stood for. We have learned a lot in a short time, haven't we?! I enjoyed reading your blog. Your enthusiasm is a real "lifter-upper!"