Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thing #6 - Mashups and 3rd Party Sites

Wow! Mashups are fun! I especially liked the Big Huge labs fun toys. I never had even heard of a mashup. I learned that it is taking a site and matching up some of its applications with applications from another site. I liked bubblr where you can take pictures from Flickr and match up bubble cartoon writing with the pictures. Students can use these as a writing activity. There are endless opportunities that students as well as teachers can use as tools. I was able to make a trading card. Students can make trading cards as their book report. Students could make movies telling about books. Students could use many of the applications in order to do multimedia projects. I think that this would be a great acitivity to share with teachers as well as the students. I could always make posters, jigsaw puzzles, etc and use as teaching tools. I look forward to using many of these mashup sites during my lessons this year.

No comments: