Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thing #19 Web 2.0 Awards List

I enjoyed looking at a lot of the awards link from 2.0. I had fun with the fun and games category just playing around but didn't have any thought of how to link it to the library. I also enjoyed istats because I have recently lost 96 pounds and this is a free tool that can be used to track your exercise and work out. Google Earth is a great website. There is so much value to it. Not only is it fun, there is great information available. When a teacher is teaching history, you can visit Google Earth and actually explore the place where students are learning about. There are so many pictures attached to Google Earth that it gives students visuals on what they are learning about. I think it will be a great tool for students and teachers in the library. The other website that I enjoyed was 50 matches. This was a simplified search engine tool. It only allows web sites that have been bookmarked or strongly recommended and it only posts 50 searches. So, you don't have to do a lot of weeding through websites yourself. The only downside I saw to it is that sometimes I didn't get enough from the 50 sites that it chose. There may be too much weeding through of websites. This would definitely be great for younger students who are using the internet for searches. It is a great tool to tell the teachers and technologists about.

No comments: